Hello, I'm a Belgian artist. I work as freelance illustrator and graphic designer, named 'Evivanca'. That's the abbreviation of my name Evi Van Cauwenberghe.
firstname.lastname@example.org - http://www.evivanca.be
With 'Evivanca' I want to bring together my 2 passions: NATURE AND ART!
I offer :
• Authentic painted illustrations, often with a link to nature
• Logo design with different concepts
• Graphic design with an eye for typography
• Image manipulation & Digital portraits
• I have my own atelier with art. (oil on canvas, mixed media)
- > Freelance Illustrator & Graphic - Logo designer.
- > 1 year fulltime Course of concept art . Graduated july 2017 with the book 'Game of fruits'.
- > 2015 Course of After Effects.
- > 2002-2016 Graphic / multimedia designer, advertising agency.
- > 4 years as a web designer in an IT company.
- > WINNER of KBC Bank competition 'design a website for young people' for design & concept.
- > 1 year as a web designer in an insurance company.
- > 1998 Course of Infographist (Webdesign - Multimedia) Leuven Groep T.
- > 1994 - 1997 Bachelor Degree in Graphic design, Ghent, Belgium .
- > 7 years @Royal Academy of visual arts Oudenaarde to develop artistic skills (oil painting, sculpting) and knowledge on art.
-> https://evivanca.blogspot.be my traditional made paintings/watercolors & collages.
// WACOM AND DOUG CHIANG
Being inspired by exhibitor Wacom on Facts I got introduced to the amazing possibilities of DIGITAL PAINTING. On the STAR WARS CONVENTION in London 2016, I got the chance to talk to Doug Chiang. I told him about my plans to attend a course of concept art, but that I was unsure if there still would be a future for me as a concept artist, having already a career behind me. He gave me the example of Ralph McQuarrie who started a 2nd career after Boeing. His words motivated me extra in my choice and so I went studying again, a fulltime course of concept art at the other side of my country. It was a steep learning curve, but I got through it and learned so much in that 1 year!
// GAME OF FRUITS
As students concept art we got the assignment to develop concept art for a short movie, themed “Evolution”. Fascinated by birds & nature, this became my subject.
It’s part of my portfolio with concept art for characters (unique bird species), setdesign (a special tree) and vehicle and props that belong to the main character “Bertil Bretel”. My project "Game of fruits", is a nod 😉 to the tv-series “Game of Thrones”, because of the fierce competition between my invented birds.
Digital & traditional painting | Film & TV-series and extras VFX | ❤️ Nature & Art |
Reading books that inspires me as an artist!
Graphic design for online and offline media / Design & Development of E-letters / Training clients to update their website with cms / weekly advertisements newspaper & magazines / Webdesign: First years graphic design & programming websites with flash and html - later: graphic design for websites, programming by extern IT company - Job changed into serving as a contact between clients and IT-company, helpdesk and training cms.
Clients: Lebeau-Courally Watches / Fashionhouse Gigue / Recupel / Belgian Construction companies Danilth, Elbeko, Decomo / Event Axa Belgian Masters by Dick Norman / Lea Perrins